Not everything people tell you about raising a baby will apply to you. Honestly most of it may be completely opposite of what you're experiencing or what someone else said. One thing everyone told us, I mean everyone, is that at 6 months, things get really really good. The baby chub is rollin. They start having giggle fests and playing. I mean this girl pulls the blanket up on her own for peek a boo now. Leona has developed such a personality, she brightens every moment, even when she's melting down you can see her two new pearly whites gleaming and you can't help but hide a little smile while handling the code red.
While I have loads of photos from this fabulous month, we had the pleasure of getting a pro to document us. ALL of us. Pretty exciting to be able to not only have pictures of Leo but also of our family of THREE! 6 months in and we're smiling more each day :)
Also, is it just me or does it feel like when you have baby that there was never a time they weren't a part of your life? I feel like, 6 months? Only 6 months? I like it.
So here is picture overload, I tried to just pick a few but I love them all so much! Even a couple of the blurry ones made the cut, because they just feel so real to how life is right now :)
Tidbits about Leona at 6 months
- You weigh almost 19lbs
- You are SO giggly and chatty (beaming with pride over here with your decision to start off talking with MAMA!)
- You've been working very hard to get mobile. Currently you can go backwards.
- At the beginning of 6 months you were still not into rolling over from your back but now you're rolling all over the place.
- Teeth! Oh the teeth! They were tiny numbs at your 6 month appointment and then bam! Sharp little guys too.
- Speaking of teeth you're totally into food now. Well avacado mainly but you give other foods a fair shot. And you still nurse like a champ, in fact… So well that you completely won't drink stored breastmilk from a bottle anymore. That's a challenge.
- Sleeping, still a battle but it's getting better. We have accepted that you will want to be swaddled until it's simply impossible and that's helped. And you like a lot of noise, if it's quiet you're not sleeping except if we're sleeping next to you, then none of the above apply.
- So many rolls.
- Squealing and clapping!
- Spit bubble blowing is your fav trick thus far in life.
- You're feet are still one of your favorite toys! You've started noticing the screens in the house though so we're about to go on lock down. Sorry little mama, we're the parents who aren't allowing you to play with touch screens until you're much much older. We just don't feel it's appropriate or the right way for you to learn the basics of life.
- You feel so grown up but when you're sleeping you're still like our teeny tiny infant. You smile in your sleep and suck your bottom lip in and it's difficult not to eat you up.
- You get well over 500 kisses a day.